2. Keep phone calls to 10 minutes, max. Phone call shouldn't be longer than 10 minutes. Get on, get to the point and get off. Speaking of your phone, please be a professional and record a NEW 2015 personal voice message!
3. Catch up in the mornings. It is easy to get behind on email. Over the years, I have learned to take time each morning to catch up on it before business hours. For 2015, I will delegate half of my time in the morning to get through my top 5 most important emails.
4. Improve your workspace. It sounds small, but I need to buy a double monitor! Working on a laptop means that I'm constantly bent over a tiny screen, which hurts my productivity (and my eyes). With a double monitor, I can view more information, organize and focus my workday, and not lose track of all of my documents and windows.
5. Take time to stop working and reflect. Reflection allows me to be grateful for what I have and consider the right goals to work toward. Then I can sprint in short bursts in the right direction. Schedule your day, take breaks. Who said you need to work 5 days a week? STOP! Work harder and smarter 3-4 days a week! Take 3 day weekends 52 weeks per year! Schedule 2 hours everyday to be at the gym.
6. Stop multitasking. Often we think that by multitasking we are being more productive. But I've found that it's hard to do many things really well if you are doing them at the same time. You have to focus on ONE THING at a time. – Dave Roland
7. Quit time wasters (including Fantasy Football). If your 2015 priority is making more money, then make sure and use your time wisely. Surfing the internet, spending time on Facebook or watching TV between 5am-8pm does not fit into your income goals!
* Bonus: It's not what you know, it's WHO you know! Become a 4 Local Media partner and associate yourself with some of the top industry professionals. The 4 Local Media membership is the same as hiring a personal consulting firm to help you accomplish your business goals!
Get your Media Broker business started today! Start Here